Cigar Guy fashion analysis
Cigar Guy is everywhere.
What mysterious powers of the mind does Cigar Guy possess? One can only wonder, but the influence he had on Tiger's chip - the quality of which even a 20 handicapper would not be proud - is undeniable. (Mark Pain, Mail On Sunday)
Not only does this photo afford us the opportunity to have a gander at Tiger's sleeveless cardigan and the ProQuip rain pants he favoured over Lisa Pavin's bell bottom trousers, it gives Chapeau Noir the opportunity to break down the look created by the already iconic Ryder Cup superfan -- Cigar Guy.
From a fashion perspective, there's not much here of which to be proud for Cigar Guy, but here's the rundown, from the ground up:
- Classic saddle shoes, presumably of the golf variety. Chapeau Noir wonders if Cigar Guy was hoping to be asked to hit a shot at some point during the proceedings?
- Non-descript slate flat front trousers. Meh.
- Cigar Guy is no fool however, coming prepared for the elements wearing three layers up top, including a collared shirt which may or may not be of a golf variety, a hearty deep blue sweater for warmth, and a full zip jacket that compliments both the trousers, and the sweater.
- Of course the 'piece de resistance' is what Cigar Guy has chosen to adorned the top of his head with. Is it some manner of turban, or perhaps Conan O'Brien's plastic novelty hair? To be certain of this item is to know Cigar Guy. Let it be known that if you have any inside information on this matter, you are duly bound to share, for the good of golf patrons everywhere.
- Cigar Guy's cigar. Lit or unlit? Cuban or not? So many questions, so few answers.
What Cigar Guy lacks in fashion sense is more than made up for in personality, as he exudes a devil-may-care attitude that overcomes any shortcomings he may have on Savile Row.
Where will Cigar Guy pop up next? At this week's Dunhill Links? Ryder Cup 2014? Only Cigar Guy knows. We'll be waiting Cigar Guy, we'll be waiting.
1Everyone seems to be going with Cigar Guy, over Cigar Man, so Cigar Guy it is. Can't update it in the title, as inbound links would break. This will have to suffice.
on 2010-10-08 23:43 by Chapeau Noir
New Cigar Man Guy Photo!
Clearly, we've been taken for a ride, with the Jimenez wig, the fake moustache, and the unlit stogie. The biggest golf photobomb of all time?
In this recently discovered image, Cigar Guy is clearly shown to be wearing a Jiminez-esh wig. The 'stash, while impressive from a distance was too good to be true.
on 2010-10-10 14:00 by Chapeau Noir
Cigar Guy Revealed!
Last night, The Mail on Sunday tracked down Cigar Guy to a detached house in South London where he is living with his parents, a retired mechanic and a housewife. We can reveal that Cigar Guy is golf fan Rupesh Shingadia, a 30-year-old investment analyst in the City – and a very reluctant star.
The Mail piece even deals with that which Chapeau Noir and his readers have interest - wardrobe!
He fleetingly considered donning a pair of garish Union Jack trousers, as worn by English golfer Ian Poulter, but rejected that idea in favour of the Miguel costume. He ordered the wig and moustache from a website for £15 and bought a £14 Montecristo cigar from a tobacconist.
The rest of his ensemble came from his own wardrobe: a Pringle jumper, North Face anorak and Reiss trousers.